Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding If I should buy a Genesis G70 has become a challenge after realizing over 14 luxury sport sedans compete with it. We have a lot of choices.

The Stinger GT and Genesis G80 are the closest and most obvious alternatives that address the G70's biggest problems, while still shopping Korean. Beyond that, are about 12 other options from Audi, Acura, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, Infiniti, Volvo, Jaguar and Tesla. All within reach of most serious G70 shoppers. Personally I'm budgeting for around $50,000 out the door. The right motivating factors can push me to spend more. Even less if the right experience can be had.

All Genesis G70 Competitors
  • Genesis G80
  • Kia Stinger
  • Audi A4
  • Acura TLX
  • BMW 3-Series (330i, 340i)
  • Lexus IS
  • Audi S5
  • Mercedes C-Class (C300)
  • Mercedes A-Class
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia
  • Infiniti Q50
  • Volvo S60
  • Jaguar XE
  • Tesla Model 3
Question -- Whatever luxury sport sedan you ended up buying (Genesis or not), what were the reasons for that make/model/trim?

Answering a bit of my own question, from what I gathered it breaks down to...

Reasons For
  • feels solid on the road
  • great performance from 3.3T
  • adequate power from cheaper 2.0
  • great infotainment
  • generous standard equipment
  • industry leading "free" coverage (warranty, maintenance)
  • overall great value
Reasons Against
  • limited rear passenger seating
  • limited cargo space
  • lack of luxurious appointments (net pouch instead of leather behind front row)
  • mediocre fuel economy
  • designed to fit in and not stand out
I've always been interested in knowing why people buy certain products that I too might own like this G70. When budgeting for around $50,000, it helps to understand and justify why it was even brought to market and possible alternatives. The G70 won't be for everyone and might not be for me. That's fine. Looking into factors like who should/shouldn't buy it, dealership experience, servicing, maintenance, value, common problems/concerns/complaints, how it stands out (especially in this crowded segment), what its like to own for at least 6 months, and many others can help to narrow down on a vehicle we'll love owning for years to come.

As G70 deliveries get consistent in the coming months we will be seeing them show up on the used car market adding to reasons for as price dips.

Ultimately, living with the G70 is what i'm after. Its what actually matters to most owners and potential owners. There's just not enough long-term reviews covering what we really need to know. So far these reviews and some seat time have made me a believer but its not 100% yet.

Should I Trade My Maserati For THIS 2019 Genesis G70?!

2019 Genesis G70: Here is What You Need to Know!

Is the 2019 Genesis G70 the BETTER buy over BMW or Audi?

2019 Genesis G70 Review - Can it Compete Against the BMW 3 Series?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You forgot to mention the looks. I know it's obvious, but really, the Germans look pretty dull now. The C-Class looks sharp, but that's about it.

Oddly, the Acura looks good. Never thought I'd say that. haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts