Genesis G70 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 G70 3.3T, 7K miles.
I have noticed that when I slowly come to a full stop, the last 10-5 mph of the stopping are rather "jerky." It feels as though either the brakes are grabbing too much considering I am only lightly pressing on the brake pedal, or the transmission is heavily downshifting. Had the car inspected by Genesis and they say the it is normal transmission functioning causing the grabbing, an nothing is wrong with the brakes. Like to know what your experince is when making similar slow stops? Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 G70 Sport Prestige, 2021 GV80 3.5 Prestige
1 Posts
It’s normal (occasionally fairly agressive) downshifting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happens almost all the time. Just had car into service to check, and they also said it was normal. I guess I am late to the game in realizing that the tranny in the G70 sort of sucks! But, nonetheless, i do love the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 G70 3.3T, 7K miles.
I have noticed that when I slowly come to a full stop, the last 10-5 mph of the stopping are rather "jerky." It feels as though either the brakes are grabbing too much considering I am only lightly pressing on the brake pedal, or the transmission is heavily downshifting. Had the car inspected by Genesis and they say the it is normal transmission functioning causing the grabbing, an nothing is wrong with the brakes. Like to know what your experince is when making similar slow stops? Thanks.
Yes it's normal, but most noticeable when engine and tranny are not up to temperature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My car has about 5K miles on it. I get some vibrations in the steering wheel when I brake firmly from about 60mph. It is different than what you're describing but I was going to mention it when I take it in. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts