Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see if anyone on the forum has tuned their G70s or if they are planning to do so.

What kinds of upgrades do you do to your G70? Are you planning on doing it yourself or taking it in to a shop? I think the G70 is the kind of car that tuners can have a lot of fun with. For me, one thing that immediately comes to mind is improving the exhaust to really make the engine roar down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have added the Burger Motorsports Dual Intake and it does make a difference in the engine sound. It also has that whishing sound when you accelerate so you can hear the air flowing into the turbos. I am thinking of adding the Pedal Tuner as well. I had one in my Giulia and I loved it, it really made a difference in the throttle response. Other than that I may just add some wheel spacers to bring the tires flush with the wheel well. Probably won’t do to much to the engine as it runs great the way it is!! I have the 3.3 SI Pestige...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have added the Burger Motorsports Dual Intake and it does make a difference in the engine sound. It also has that whishing sound when you accelerate so you can hear the air flowing into the turbos. I am thinking of adding the Pedal Tuner as well. I had one in my Giulia and I loved it, it really made a difference in the throttle response. Other than that I may just add some wheel spacers to bring the tires flush with the wheel well. Probably won’t do to much to the engine as it runs great the way it is!! I have the 3.3 SI Pestige...
The air flow sound is music to my ears, great choice for the intake. Do you have a different set of wheels for your G70 or do you have the stock ones?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the stock wheels but have been looking at some different ones for the future. I am also thinking about maybe putting some lowering springs on it although I just want it lowered minimally. So I figured with those and some wheel spacers installed it should look really nice. How about you?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the stock wheels but have been looking at some different ones for the future. I am also thinking about maybe putting some lowering springs on it although I just want it lowered minimally. So I figured with those and some wheel spacers installed it should look really nice. How about you?
Let us know what you end up getting. Right now everything you need is out which are 1-1.5 inch lowering springs and a vast amount of wheels to choose from.

Some people actually recommend Eibach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you FastG, I called H&R as well but as of right now they don’t have any springs for the Genesis but they said to keep checking. I had them on one of my previous vehicles and I really liked them. I was thinking about Eibach too and also saw some for the Genesis although I don’t remember the name of them. I am trying to figure what size of spacers I need that would only bring the wheels/tires flush with the fender (I do not want them sticking out past the fenders). Does anyone know what size spacers we would use?? I have seen some really nice wheels for the G70 but would like to lower it slightly and add the wheel spacers first. I still want to keep it sporty but yet classy looking at he same time..

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm skeptical about spacers and more in support of finding a set of wheels with the right offset. It can be challenging but worth it in the long run.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It would be cool if a performance version of the G70 gets a V8 to take on the M3.
Maybe then we can get some of this:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be a pleasant surprise if Genesis did this. Do you think that V8 would fit in the G70, because if so I could definitely see someone swapping one in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That would be a pleasant surprise if Genesis did this. Do you think that V8 would fit in the G70, because if so I could definitely see someone swapping one in.
It might fit, but weight might be an issue.
Our V8 dreams are dead.
V6's achieve the same result and its what automakers prefer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts