Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Genesis won’t be debuting the new G70 sports sedan until later this week, but spy photographers have already snapped pictures of a completely uncovered rear in Seoul and now someone has spotted a barely taped up front facia, all ahead of its official reveal.

With how thin the white tape is, one can easily see the headlight’s general outline. Looking similar to what you’d find on the Infiniti Q50, these headlight units are angled towards the prominent grille with four-sided diamond-shaped mesh. On either side of the front bumper’s focal point are two large air intakes underlined by a splitter jutting out.

The spy photographer even caught a close up picture of the G70’s wheel. Though we can’t deduce anything from it aside from the red painted caliper, it should be able to handle the top-spec model’s 365 hp 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 engine. Rear-wheel-drive comes standard but there’s also rumors of an all-wheel drive offering and an entry-level model with the Stinger’s 2.0-liter turbo four, capable of delivering 255 hp.

The 2017 International Motor Show Germany will begin this Thursday, but as with most motor shows, journalists should be able to gain entry a day before it’s open to the public and Genesis could debut the G70 on Wednesday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 2017 International Motor Show Germany will begin this Thursday, but as with most motor shows, journalists should be able to gain entry a day before it’s open to the public and Genesis could debut the G70 on Wednesday.
Quote??

Everything I've seen has said it's being revealed in Seoul, not Frankfurt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote??

Everything I've seen has said it's being revealed in Seoul, not Frankfurt.
johnnyb is right. G70 will be launched in Seoul. Vice chairman Chung and genesis head of marketing Fitzgerald told the press that they are going to reveal in Seoul...which is quite surprising frankly speaking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well they did say "could". Still find it odd that Genesis isn't trying to hit the larger auto shows like Frankfurt. I can understand them trying to appeal to the locals, but the global market is where a large portion of the G70 will be shipped.

Side note, every time I see red calipers I always think they're Brembo but that's highly unlikely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts