Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Current bk1 Genesis owner whos looking to upgrade to the sedan. I've been extremely pleased with my car so far, minus the lack of a real back seat and storage space. I am curious as to whether or not its better to wait and see if Hyundai is planning any hybrid/ev models, as that seems to be the trend these days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hybrids are definitely going to come, but the matter is how long you're willing to wait? There's no word of a hybrid or electric G70 and it could be years until we see something from Genesis because they're still trying to expand the lineup first.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And yeah I have a good feeling it'll be quite awhile before we start to see Hyundai branch out a hybrid/electric trim. This car just seems to be the most logical next step for me as my current genesis has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Is there a confirmed release date yet? From my searching I've only been able to find the second quarter of 2018.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It a good move if you don't care much about brands and image because often that's most people to go over to other brands. Seen people give these a look and then move right over to BMW and the like.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly don't get why people instantly flock to the likes of BMW. I guess it's merely based upon their solid reputation and history. You really can't deny however, just how radically Hyundai's build quality has improved over the years. The offer one of the most comprehensive warranty packages and these high end luxury sedans seem to come with all the trimmings found in its rivals. Guess it ill be a matter of time before we see if Hyundai is able to cement itself as a luxury brand.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I honestly don't get why people instantly flock to the likes of BMW. I guess it's merely based upon their solid reputation and history. You really can't deny however, just how radically Hyundai's build quality has improved over the years. The offer one of the most comprehensive warranty packages and these high end luxury sedans seem to come with all the trimmings found in its rivals. Guess it ill be a matter of time before we see if Hyundai is able to cement itself as a luxury brand.
Its just how people overall buy regardless of what it is and that is what they're comfortable with. There's no doubt hat with a BMW people will view you better than a Hyundai or a Genesis. So when someone is shopping based on status, BMW, Audi and Mercedes often come up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts