Genesis G70 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think is the BEST modification to do first?

New wheels?
Upgraded tires?
Lowered suspension?
Air intake?
stickers, lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
I always like to add a fresh set of tires, I find it makes the biggest difference for daily use. If I have enough money I'll get a set of rims too but that isn't always the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did window tint and front clear bra. I just ordered the front and rear spoiler. I wan't to lower the car and do a cold air intake but I'm concerned about voiding the warranty. Any input on what mods will void warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did window tint and front clear bra. I just ordered the front and rear spoiler. I wan't to lower the car and do a cold air intake but I'm concerned about voiding the warranty. Any input on what mods will void warranty?
I have the same concern. I want to do some mods and a cold air intake.

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
Hey Drew we're instagram buddies marktmcd88 👋

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
I did a RaceChip GTS tuner (easily removed or turned off for dealer visits) Colder spark plugs to handle the increased hp, and cold air intakes from agency power. I just turned 3k miles and its still running great and the power difference is blinding!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's up Mark. I need to do everything you did. outside the appearance upgrades, I haven't done any engine mods yet. I don't drive the car enough. It sits in my garage.

I did a RaceChip GTS tuner (easily removed or turned off for dealer visits) Colder spark plugs to handle the increased hp, and cold air intakes from agency power. I just turned 3k miles and its still running great and the power difference is blinding!

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
How much of a horsepower increase does the tuner give you @2020Sport3.3TAwd?
HP at the crank not wheels as I do not have a dyno aprox 425. The torque is where the tuner really shines it its just about 490 ft/lbs in full race mode. There's 3 different levels eco, sport, and race. They're customized with an app. It's easily turned off with one button. Highly recommend it! 57hp increase 130ft/lbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Racechip gives the 2.0 Sport about 310 hp, that combined with the lighter weight of the 4, will make it faster than a slightly mod 3.3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a clear bra first to protect your baby, then go for larger tires to help it brake and handle better than stock.

·
Registered
2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Dynamic Havana Red
15 Posts
Window tint was the first mod. Here's the list of what has been ordered or waiting to be installed:

AEM Cold Air Intake System
Maintec Variable Catback Exhaust
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Denso Spark Plugs

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
Let me know how you like the maintec I am looking for something valved but not sure which option to go with.

·
Registered
2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
16 Posts
hey i actually bought the race chip GTS -- had it for a couple days ..the check engine light wouldnt go off and i felt a decent bit of jerking as soon as a depressed the brake and started to roll .. it was pretty frustrating so i returned it -- did you experience any issues?

·
Registered
2020 G70 Sport 3.3T awd
18 Posts
hey i actually bought the race chip GTS -- had it for a couple days ..the check engine light wouldnt go off and i felt a decent bit of jerking as soon as a depressed the brake and started to roll .. it was pretty frustrating so i returned it -- did you experience any issues?
I have twice had a PO16B code for internal torque malfunction but that was caused by my cold air intake filters coming with too much oil on them temporarily fouling the mass airflow sensors. Could the race chip have been for a 2.0t or possibly connected to the harnesses in reverse order? I never had any issue related and drive it in race mode most of the time. One week after install I did put colder burning spark plugs as race chip recommended but did not require.

·
Registered
2020 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
16 Posts
I have twice had a PO16B code for internal torque malfunction but that was caused by my cold air intake filters coming with too much oil on them temporarily fouling the mass airflow sensors. Could the race chip have been for a 2.0t or possibly connected to the harnesses in reverse order? I never had any issue related and drive it in race mode most of the time. One week after install I did put colder burning spark plugs as race chip recommended but did not require.
damn -- i am 100% sure i had the wiring in correctly -- i drove the car for a few days and i definitely felt some extra power -- i jsut could not handle the check engine light lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts