Genesis G70 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What does everyone think is the BEST modification to do first?

New wheels?
Upgraded tires?
Lowered suspension?
Air intake?
stickers, lol
Having owned my 2t G70 for some months now I will tell you the biggest aggravation is the total lack of thought that went into throttle response on this car. If I am in a difficult situation in town and floorboard the car I can literally countover four seconds before anything happens and I drove another 2t that had the same problem, inexcusable! Therefore I recommend The foot throttle module by the JB4 group. This alone will improve the performance and safety of the car as a starting point. I installed a K&N cold air intake that also made quite a difference in throttle response and performance. Now I have a JB4 and on map 1 the car performs as it should have stock from the very beginning. I have been informed by my manager that until new windows and flooring go in the house my new downpipe and exhaust will have to wait. Next, the engine sound sucks!! with the open air intake it sounds like someone put sand in the turbo bearings and the absolutely stupid whop whopping of the blow off valve is disgusting not to mention the terrible loss of power when that happens under partial load. After all this bitching you might think I don't like the car that would be wrong. It is beautiful. I do many highway miles and the thing is an absolute fantastic handling car and it can hang with almost any other car out there including some with big horsepower on the highway. I have not yet opened the JB4 but since I can,t get the parts I want I am going to MAP 3 this weekend. Will inform the group when the carbon fiber stuff and exhaust goes on. Fantastic car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 advanced, 3.3 awd
Ngk high flow cats, ark down pipes, borla mufflers, bov, oil catch can , jb4 and cold intakes on the way, tinted windows , variant wheels,and the adro rear diffuser

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know any dealer that would punish someone because of intake and exhaust, but if you're doing cattles Downpipes, tunes know that if it causes an issue, you're on your own.

Immediate mods:
K&N intake, tint, full front chip guard, chrome blackout, LED reverse and rear turn signals.
chrome blackout? You don’t have the dark chrome on yours? LED reverse and rear turn signals? You have a 2021 Sport? The taillights & rear turn appear to already be LED on mine?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts