• Nurburg Green

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through the G70 configurator, i'm having a tough time deciding which color to get and was hoping to get input from the community here. Siberian Ice was my first choice but over the past few weeks I've been seeing a lot of them and thus turned off. If you were in my position, what other colors would you choose? Added a poll for anyone too lazy to leave a response but insight is helpful.

2019 Genesis G70 Colors
  • Santiago Silver
  • Himalayan Gray
  • Havana Red
  • Adriatic Blue
  • Mallorca Blue
  • Siberian Ice
  • Casablanca White
  • Victoria Black
  • Nurburg Green

• Victoria Black Genesis G70

• Santiago Silver Genesis G70

• Siberian Ice Genesis G70

• Nurburg Green Genesis G70

• Mallorca Blue Genesis G70

• Himalayan Grey Genesis G70

• Havana Red Genesis G70

• Casablanca White Genesis G70

• Adriatic Blue Genesis G70

·
Registered
92 Posts
At the moment I prefer the Havana Red, but wish they had introduced some kind of darker green. I'm staying away from whites and silvers because that seems to be everyone's go to color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When it comes to resale those more popular colors will be more desirable. But I understand the need to have something different. I like the Adriatic Blue. Hyundai has always had really nice blue colors imo.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When it comes to resale those more popular colors will be more desirable. But I understand the need to have something different. I like the Adriatic Blue. Hyundai has always had really nice blue colors imo.
I don't know if the marketing it getting to me but all early reviews show them in blue and Genesis' site also displays a blue one right away.
Blue looks absolutely gorgeous in this review:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Color wont make a huge difference in resale value. Much bigger factors will be mileage, trim and the current state/quality of the car. Keep in mind that some of these options are restricted to certain models but my favorite atm is the Havana Red. Think it would look really sharp dechromed with some black accenting.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Genesis starts offering special edition colors then i can see that being the case as it has been with brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi and even Lexus in recent years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They already announced two special editions of the G70, that come in an exclusive Black Forest Green. There are some other performance upgrades and tweaks, but those models are limited to just 400 units.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still not a fan of what they're doing so far which needs to get up to speed to the Germans level of specialized paint theme's. Edition One packages are unrivaled.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's not an apples to apples comparison as you are talking about cars in much different price brackets. Only once Genesis is able to hit their target numbers and accrue a consumer base can they begin to look into more upscale packaging.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not an apples to apples comparison as you are talking about cars in much different price brackets. Only once Genesis is able to hit their target numbers and accrue a consumer base can they begin to look into more upscale packaging.
I brought it up more so for the fact they just need to do something special, even Lexus has done it but to a lesser extent, but still highly sought after once released.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Given time there is no doubt that they will. But as a first generation, they've delivered on everything they really could for its initial launch. There'd be too much risk to do this out of the gate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am purchasing a G70 from a local dealer that is trading their Siberian Ice to another dealer for the Santiago Silver that I want. I don’t care for the Ice color. I’m surprised that it is so popular.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Genesis G70's in Nurburg Green are probably the most gorgeous i've seen. Pictures don't do them justice but this one gives you an idea.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Genesis G70's in Nurburg Green are probably the most gorgeous i've seen. Pictures don't do them justice but this one gives you an idea.

I guess if you're coming from Jaguar or brands that offer similar subtle colors then it works but I want something that pops and after seeing more Mallorca Blue G70's in person and online i'm sold!
The pictures Genesis provides on each color doesn't do them justice. Real world pictures do and here's a few for mallorca for anyone else interested.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I gotta admit, I spend way more time that I should playing around with the colours and the configurator. It's so interactive! My first choice would have to be Havana Red, but I really like the photo of the G70 in Siberian Ice with the black wheels.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I gotta admit, I spend way more time that I should playing around with the colours and the configurator. It's so interactive! My first choice would have to be Havana Red, but I really like the photo of the G70 in Siberian Ice with the black wheels.
I'm trying to avoid red since its played out throughout the auto industry and tends to fade too much in the sun (I drive a lot)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the suggestion. Look at the cost of PPF, its a lot but well worth the investment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm biased because green is my favourite color but I'd definitely pick Nurburg Green. I think it brings elegance to the G70 without going for the standard black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts